Saturday, August 04, 2012

Summer

It is amazing me how fast Lily is growing.  Those first few months seem to last so long because of sleep deprivation but once you get some sleep under your belt you can look back and see how that they are over in a blink of an eye.  I had been intending on babying Lily just a bit longer but she is eagerly growing up so fast.  Baby food was quickly discarded in favor of chopped up bits of what we were eating.  This kid will eat just about anything with gusto.  One of her favorite snacks is canned green beans and peas but she also likes some crazy spicy things like chicken with buffalo sauce.

Lily rocking her first hand knit item made by me.  I already have another sweater on the needles, it is filled with delicious cables.

Someone may be learning how to knit, EZ is a great choice to start with.

Look who is standing!

First trip to the beach

At Evan's baptisim

The whole family

My big boy!  He was rather nervous about being dunked but didn't start freaking out or anything so it was not too traumatizing :P

Gap toothed Harry
She is ready to pick out her first project


6 comments:

Arkansas Bartholomews said...

Ya for good eaters! My little girl seems to be headed that way. So far she only gets non-pured foods when she steals them. And they mostly come back out after being nomed on. But she's desperate to get her hands on anything she sees going into my mouth.

And ya, the time sense is weird. Our little Hoo is mobile already. And on one hand it seems very quick, and on the other, there is no way I want to drag out midnight feedings.

Thanks for the pictures!
Hannah

Jenna said...

Hi Evan
My name is Jenna, you are a brave, courageous fighter and an inspiration. Your brother is handsome and cute. Lily is beautiful, sweet and adoreble.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
I wrote this poem
Each of us are Special
Each of us different,
No one is the same
Each of are us are unique in our own way,
Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
It doesen't matter what other's say
we are special anyway.
What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Lifesastitch said...

Oh my gosh I am behind - a girl! I had a boy after two girls and I describe my childbearing experience as two girls and a shock. He was well planned, but still a shock to have a boy after the girls. Belated congratulations.

Gina said...

Dude, my daughter is picky as picky gets.

Your family is just adorable! And you are right, that first year or so goes by really quickly!

Lifesastitch said...

Pink must feel different after all that blue in the family! Sweet pictures.

Lifesastitch said...

Now I realize this post is from last year! I guess that means more pink yarn for larger sizes LOL