Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Good things bad things

Last week was parent teacher conference week at school. I skipped Evan because we ended up having a big let's all get on the same page meeting with his team to get him more independent in school. I think they really got on board with the idea of trying to treat him like he is any other 2ond grader with still making allowances where needed.

Harry's meeting was great. He is very advanced in a lot of areas, his teacher was completely amazed at his grasp of the calender. I attribute that to me having to repeat things over and over again to Evan (he understands the calender but still likes to ask questions repeatedly to make sure answers do not change I guess). Socially I see a lot of me in him. He is friendly and helpful but does not seem to have any special friends in his class. There has been some trouble on the bus with two boys that like to tease him until he gets mad and yells or even tries to switch seats mid ride which freaks out the bus driver and gets Harry in trouble and not the kids doing the teasing. If this persists I may get my stink eye out and talk to the kids myself which will hopefully scare them straight. I would say talk to the parents but I happen to know that the parents in question barely speak English and my Spanish is horribly rusty.

My computer decided to die on me after an annoying operating system upgrade. My husband got a free copy of windows 7 through one of his classes and we had hoped that it would solve some ongoing issues that we had been having. Instead the mother board seems to have shorted out leaving me to have to share my husband's lap top which has made both of us grumpy. Everyone is always dumping tons of crap on my desk and my husband had the nerve to growl at me for leaving a drink at his desk. I got him back though by scoring an impossibly high score on a game he likes to play, so now every time he plays it on his computer he gets to see my name at the top of the list. He keeps asking me to look at the specs of the computers he is looking at and I keep asking him to find me a pink one with sparkles on the case.

No comments: